In this tutorial, learn how to integrate with MailChimp autoresponder service using PayKickstart’s in-house integration.
Step 1: Log into your PayKickstart App
Step 2: In your Vendor Dashboard, click on Configure and select ‘Integrations’.
First, you’ll need to integrate on your main integration page. To do so, click on ‘Auto Responder’ at the top of this page, then, Click ‘Add an Email Integration’.
Step 4: Choose ‘MailChimp’ on the dropdown menu for ‘Email Services Available’.
Step 5: Enter your MailChimp account name and API Key and click ‘Connect’. Find your API with the following steps when logged into your MailChimp account:
- Click your profile name to expand the Account Panel, and choose Account.
- Click the Extras drop-down menu and choose API keys.
- Copy an existing API key or click the Create A Key button.
- Name your key descriptively, so you know what application uses that key.
If you’ve correctly integrated into the integrations area (steps 1-6 in this tutorial), then you can now select ‘MailChimp’ at the product setting level.
Step 6: Once you’ve connected, you’ll need to go to ‘Campaigns’ on the left sidebar of your dashboard. Here, you’ll see your campaigns listed. Choose the PRODUCT that you want to integrate MailChiomp with and select “edit product settings“.
Step 7: In the Product settings, select Step 3 (Integrations) to open up your integrations information.
Step 8: In the product settings(integration section), please enable the email integration field and the action triggers you want to use with the product.
Step 9: If you’ve correctly integrated with the main area (steps 1-5 in this tutorial), then you can now select ‘MailChimp’ in the Email Integrations.
- Choose ‘MailChimp’ as your email service.
- Select your account under ‘Accounts’
- Select the list(audience in mailchimp) you want for this campaign under ‘lists’.
- (Optional) You can also add or remove tags for the customer based on the integration trigger if needed.
*NOTE: You may have a list for every one of your products, so you’d want to choose the list associated with the product in this particular campaign.
*Note: Vendors can pass custom checkout fields they have added to their checkout pages, to their email auto-responder (as long as the email service supports it).
Step 10: Click “Save”
Now you are ready to add customers to MailChimp Mailing lists automatically based on the triggered action event.