In this tutorial, learn how to integrate with iContact autoresponder service using PayKickstart’s API integration.
Step 1: Log into your PayKickstart App
Step 2: In your Vendor Dashboard, click the drop-down box at the top, right-hand portion of your page where your name and profile image is located. In the drop-down, select ‘Integrations’.
Step 3: First, you’ll need to integrate on your main integration page. To do so, click on ‘Email’ at the top of this page, then, Click ‘Add Email Integration’.
Step 4: Choose ‘iContact’ on the dropdown menu for ‘Email Services Available’.
Step 5: Enter your iContact account name, APPID, API Username, and API Password and click ‘Connect’.
To find these fields, you’ll need to do the following:
- Open your iContact account and then open a new tab and go to https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/registerapp to create your iContact API application ID.
- Create an Application Name (PayKickstart) and Description and click on “Get App ID”.
- In the next screen, you will see your Application Name & Description, right below that you will see the option to show information for API 2.0 or 1.0, you must select API 2.0.
- Once you have selected the option to show information for API 2.0, the information for your application will appear at the bottom of the page, providing you with your API – APPID.
- Click on the link at the bottom of the page that says “enable this AppId for your account”. Now a new screen will come up showing your Application ID and requesting you to create a password for your application. This is your API Password.
Step 6: Once you’ve connected, you’ll need to go to ‘Campaigns’ on the left sidebar of your dashboard. Here, you’ll see your campaigns listed. Choose the PRODUCT that you want to integrate ActiveCampaign with and select “edit product settings“.
Step 7: In the Product settings, select Step 3 (Integrations) to open up your integrations information.
Step 8: In the product settings(integration section), please enable the email integration field.
Step 9: If you’ve correctly integrated with the main area (steps 1-6 in this tutorial), then you can now select ‘ActiveCampaign’ in the Email Integrations.
- Choose ‘ActiveCampaign’ as your email service.
- Select your account under ‘Accounts’
- Select the list you want for this campaign under ‘lists’.
- Select ‘tags’ you want to either add or remove based on the customer action the integration is set up to trigger for.
*NOTE: You may have a list for every one of your products, so you’d want to choose the list associated with the product in this particular campaign.
*Note: Vendors can pass custom checkout fields they have added to their checkout pages, to their email auto-responder (as long as the email service supports it).
Learn more about segmenting lists for iContact <<HERE>>.
Now, when a customer purchases your main offer product, they’ll automatically be added to this ActiveCampaign list that you’ve chosen.