Below are the step-by-step instructions on how to integrate and start accepting payments using your Authorize.net account.
Important: Auth.net does NOT allow customer purchases via debit/prepaid cards at this time.
Important: Make sure in Authorize.net that you signup and enable the Customer Information Manager.
After integrating with Auth.net, changing your API keys in Auth.net would prevent our system from being able to contact Auth.net to attempt rebills for any existing subscriptions before the Auth.net API key was changed.
If you change the API keys, then existing subscriptions created prior to the change will need to update their billing via the billing portal in order to connect with the new Auth.net API key and continue the subscription billings.
Select Authorize.net and enter the required fields:
- Account Name: For your display purposes.
- Base Currency: The default currency you will accept payments in for the gateway.
- API Login ID & API Transaction Key:
- Login to your Authorize.net Account
- Click on “Account”
- Click on “API Credentials & Keys”
- API Client Key: Please do the following…
- Navigate to Authorize.net Account –> Settings –> Security Settings –> General Security Settings –> Manage Public Client Key.
- If the Public Client Key does not yet exist, answer your security question to generate the key.
- Copy the key, then go back to the PK integration page and paste the key in the field
- Then click “Connect“.
The next step will be Enabling Authorize.net for campaigns if you choose to take Authorize.net as a payment option for those particular products in the campaign.
- Select the specific campaign settings
- Enable the credit card option on the campaign settings and select Authorize.net connection. The selected icon will turn blue and show a green checkmark.
- Finally, save the campaign settings and you are ready to accept customer payments using Authorize.net for all products in the campaign.